Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Newsy Little Post

Hello everyone!

Well, here's the newsy post promised earlier...now for the news! :)

My Family and I have been living in Georgia for 3 years and 4 days! Wow! It seems like yesterday since we moved here from Florida! I love Georgia though...the seasons are so beautiful. Florida is HOT and then cool for a while and then HOT again! Well, at least the part where we lived.

The yard sale was postponed to today due to Tropical Storm Fay sweeping through last week, when we originally planned to have it. I sold a lot of my jewelry and made quite a satisfactory amount of money...we got rid of a ton of clothes and books and ...junk! :) We were very pleased with the turnout of people ...there were many more than we expected.




This week I've basically just been preparing for the yard sale...but I managed to read through a GREAT BIG BOOK of every single Sherlock Holmes story that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ever wrote! I really like Sherlock Holmes...he's incredibly, amazingly, singularly smart!! I love the 'old English' the books are written in. But some of the cases I didn't enjoy due to the sometimes gruesome details....don't get me wrong, most of them are fine... but I would advise caution when browsing through the stories. Overall, though, I think that the books are worth reading.

AND, one last tidbit of news....I created a "True Friend Test"! You can see it on the sidebar over there on the upper right-hand corner. So far Madison and Lydia have taken it! It's really fun. I thought up the questions myself and some of them are quite humorous, in my humble opinion.





Thanks for all the comments on the last post...I appreciate everyone's opinions, and I am grateful that you took the time to leave me a note! :) I'll try to reciprocate! :)

Love and blessings,

Julia

2 comments:

  1. I love Sherlock Holmes too! He's so smart, it boggles my mind. I've tried the his whole "looking at people to find stuff about them by thier apperance", and I can't do it.

    Oh well...

    I did horribly on the Friend Test, but considering I've never met you I guess I did okay.

    I hadn't realised you live in Georgia, my Dad is there for a church convention this weekend!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia!! I'm so proud of myself!! I'm still at the top of the list. :P
    You asked on my blog what questions I missed. I think it was where you were born, how long your hair was, your favorite book... I can't remember the others.
    Be sure to take my true friend test! I set one up on my blog.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog!! :-D

    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~