Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When Exhaustion Reigns

That picture kind of summarizes my state right now... the cloud of exhaustion has been raining on me (or could it be, reigning over me?) for the past week.

But it's starting to draw away.
I think. :)

Yesterday some dear friends came over and we finished shooting some medieval 'skits' that accompany our unit study of the medieval age. It was so much fun, but when my friends drove away I realized all I wanted to do was fall into bed. I was so tired.

I have not really ever experienced a sickness that wouldn't go away. This 'cold' I have has been dragging on for far too long, and the symptoms have all but left me, yet there remains just this... tiredness. Ugh. It's just not fun feeling so drained.

So in essence, my dear reader, that explains why I have not posted since August 6th. :D I haven't gotten around to it! My poor blog. How it must have been so lonely. :( But I had visitors while I was away... I still got some comments on my crocheted doughnut post that had been sitting there for far too long! :) I made some more of those, and maybe I can actually take pictures of them and post those in the near future. :D

Psalms 77:14-19.

Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people. Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah. The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee; they were afraid: the depths also were troubled. The clouds poured out water: the skies sent out a sound: thine arrows also went abroad. The voice of thy thunder was in the heaven: the lightnings lightened the world: the earth trembled and shook. Thy way is in the sea, and thy path in the great waters, and thy footsteps are not known.


God is Great.

I needed to realize that again ~ that the One whom I speak with whenever I am down in the depths of exhaustion or tiredness, is allmighty, all-powerful, beginning.... and the end.

I Praise you, oh God, my wonderful Creator and King!

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Aw I know what you mean. Last week after our Shabbat meal I clunked out on the couch for 12hours! I was exhausted!!! I hope everything gets back "to normal" (whatever that is!) for you. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... I hope you start feeling better soon, Julia! I've really missed your posts lately, but I completely understand about being so tired. That's frustrating when you can't totally get rid of a sickness. I'll be praying for your complete recovery, dear friend! :)

    Love and Hugs,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~