Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A segment from my (interesting?) life

I mentioned a short while ago that I could hardly wait for the first 'crisp' feel in the air... a sign that Autumn has arrived. Well, it was here today, but I think it felt more 'sharp' than crisp! It was 50 degrees when I woke up this morning. And for someone used to the stifling upper 80's and 90's it was definitely a surprise! ;)

Apparently tropical storm (hurricane?) Lee was to blame for the nice wet front of rain that washed across the southeast yesterday and today. The only trouble with it was that yesterday we attended a Labor-day get-together at a friends' farm and we were outside or under carports or gazebos for most of the day. :D I felt damp all day long! :) Of course, that was partly due from perspiration... as we played Ultimate Frisbee and also threw the frisbee around in a circle for a good part of the day. I *love* frisbee. :D We had a great time even though we did get a little wet. ;)

Today I had the chance to get back to my laptop and do a little graphic design! :) I made some new blog backgrounds that I plan to release shortly (hint.... raspberry. And teal. Yeahhh.) and I whipped up a couple headers to go with backgrounds I'd already made.

Here's one of them - it matches two backgrounds, the ones called Brownie Points and Pink Brownie Points. :) (they're in this post)
Click Here to see more! :)
(I have 3 made so far, and WAY more are coming soon)

I also finally got to making a custom blog header for one of my sweet friends, Sarah, and it looks great with the background she picked from the Jane Austen series! :)

Also, I don't think I've told you about the FALL backgrounds I made! :D But I won't wax lyrical about them. You'll have to actually click here and go see them yourself. Now which one do I want to use??
O_O! Decisions, decisions.....

A sad note in my otherwise joyfully harmonic life... I learned this morning that one of my favorite DJ's on my favorite Christian radio station has passed away after a long battle with cancer. :( I cried. (I still get tears in my eyes when I think about it, actually...) She was such a sweet lady and her voice has cheered me up many a morning. I almost got to meet her once at a craft fair where I was running a booth for my jewelry and she was going to be there at a booth for the radio station, but when I was there I had to stay with my booth and wait on customers and never got to go over to the radio station's booth. Now I guess I'll have to wait until we meet again in heaven.

Just another reminder that this is not our home, and that we should never take any of our days here for granted. Or any of the people in our lives, for that matter, because none of us know the day or the hour when we might be called home.

Well, I hope you all have a beautiful week! I'm off for a family movie night.

1 comment:

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~