Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Winter Wonderland

And without further ado, here are the snow pictures! :)

Our house. (as you can see, my family members were outside as well... marveling at all the fluffy white stuff)
I loved the snow... while it lasted, it was so beautiful!
Me, in the snow.


My brother Mark made a snow Koala Bear. *Cute!!*


Our chickens were highly insulted at the weather, and hardly poked their heads outside the whole day while the aggravating precipatation fell.

Our garden pots were buried underneath a generous blanket of icy snow. Miraculously... some of the lettuce survived! :)

A view off the porch. (I believe I took this shot out the window)

This used to be our driveway - it morphed into an arctic forest while we weren't looking.

I can still feel the crisp, frosty air on my cheeks that I enjoyed while shooting this photo of our mountain view.

I managed to get Steven to take my picture in front of the view. That's me, down in the corner there. :)

This is a shot down the driveway while it was still snowing heavily on Friday evening. (Some of these pictures are from Friday the 12th,, and some are from the next morning.)
As a side note, I have no idea how I managed to get my wide-leg cargo-style corduroy pants to look amazingly like wild, hippie bell-bottoms in ^that shot.

I ended up making my mom's birthday cake the day of the great snow, even though her birthday was on the 9th... so I decided to photograph the cake with the snow. :D

The view out my bedroom window.

Steven, standing out in the little clearing where we have a tulip poplar, a pear tree, and a plum tree.

A shot through the woods.

More woods. This is on Saturday morning.

This is looking up the driveway.

Snow-laden branches of the post oak trees. Lovely!

Hope you enjoyed the snow pictures! :)

13 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful pictures! Happy late birthday to your mom!

    Blessings,
    Karis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, Julia!!! I loved looking at them all. I really like the ones of you in the snow, and the mountain view is so pretty! Oh, and I love how you took a picture of your mom's cake in the snow! :D Anyway, thanks for sharing these. :)

    ~ Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did enjoy the snow pictures- great shots! We got 5 feet of that "fluffy white stuff" where I live ;)
    Check out my profile if you can't guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, *sigh* :) LOVED all the pictures Julia! :D Your family has a beautiful home there! :D Made even more beautiful by all that gorgeous snow! ;) It's sooo peaceful and I just LOVE all the trees. :) *sigh*

    Mm, that chocolate cake look soo good! ;D Now I'm hungry! Lol! ;)

    Thank you for sharing all your pictures! :D We're getting some more snow today...I was kind of "annoyed" about it (I know how your chickens feel! Lol!), but Now it's not so bad after having looked at your pictures. :) It all looks like a "dream land", and yet I know that God created it and that makes it all the more beautiful! :D

    I hope you have a lovely day dear friend! :D
    Love and HUGS!!!!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow! Gorgeous photos.

    Don't worry, I think your pants look really cute.

    God Bless!

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! I'm glad you got some snow to enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures, Julia! :D I especially love the first one of you - your so adorable! ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely!!!

    Wonderful photos. We had some snow, as well. All of our snow is long gone. (Sniffle) Snow sad!

    Looks like you had a wonderful time. And that cake...YUM! :)

    Blessings,

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaw, the snow looks so nice, i wish i got snow here.
    But in South Africa we don't =(

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, lots and lots of snow! :)

    I haven't been here in awhile *blushes* your blog looks lovely, dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was one seriously adorable koala snow man! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The snow is beautiful, but I'm ready for spring weather!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~