Friday, February 5, 2010

When Julia isn't blogging...



One of my very good friends remarked once, on hearing that I had been very busy lately... "I thought that's what it was, it seems that when Julia isn't blogging, she's really busy!" How right she was. :D

When I'm busy, I don't blog! It gets bumped back to the bottom of my priorities. Laundry, Dishes, Housecleaning, and checking my email all come first. :D

Also, I feel like for some strange reason that my blog posts should be meaningful and have a great and important topic. I feel silly typing away for no reason about not much, or giving little tiny tidbits of information on what I'm doing recently. (Why the picture of the beach? Well, that was rather random, but it conveys such a sense of serenity that I knew that... somehow... it went with this post. :D)

Take a deep breath. Now let it out slowly. Ahhhhhhh. Didn't that feel good? I sometimes have to stop and do that in the midst of a hectic day. It clears the mind. :)

Today I got my bedroom all clean and vacuumed the floor... and put away the piles of clean laundry left over from Wednesday... :D I feel so much more peaceful when my bedroom floor is all clean. You know what I mean? Somehow, when the area around me is cluttered, my mind feels cluttered too.

My next huge, gi-normous project is organizing my jewelry worktable. Oooooiiiiiyyuuugh. (That was a groan) My creative moods, oh-so-wonderful for designing jewelry, leave much to be desired in the area of... um... neatness. :P In other words, when I'm playing around with beads and colors and silver and crystal... I make a royal mess! :D

I'll have to take before-and-after photos so you can see what I mean. :) It needs to be done soon so I can start bulking up my inventory for a jewelry show in March. Having lots of beautiful stock on hand will be nice when it's a week before the show and I'm quickly and efficiently (hah, or frantically and crazily) finishing up the last few hundred pairs of earrings. :D

Anyway, thank you for reading my evening musings and do take a moment to drop me a comment. It's such lovely thing, hearing from you! What have you been busying yourself with recently? I'd love to hear about it. :D



P.s.
I just did a post on MOHL, if you want to read it.

5 comments:

  1. Julia, I know exactly what you mean about.... clutteredness! I always feel somewhat flustered when they house is messy! hehe Thanks for sharing and I hope you are able to get some rest! :)
    In Christ,
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. *breathe in, breathe out* Ahhhh, that did feel good. :)

    Well, I must say, as I'm going through a very similar trying to organize and declutter everything, this was a lovely and relaxing read! You're right, that picture does invoke a sense of serenity. :)

    And yes, I do know what you mean about the clean room making you feel peaceful! I can't wait to feel that way about mine... ;)

    Well, I'm busy preparing for a week-long mission trip with my church-family to Belize.... we leave a week from today! AAAAHHHH!!! It's very exciting, but I'm a tad nervous... not very much, but just the kind that gives your tummy butterflies. :)

    Good luck with your organizing! Have a blessed weekend!
    ~Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your evening musings, dear Julia! It's so nice to hear what you've been up to. :) Oh, and I know what you mean about keeping things neat. I just tidied up my room the other day... it looks so much better now. :) Anyway, I hope you have a lovely weekend!!

    ~ Hugs,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. HeHe! AH, yes...you and I are very similar dear! ;) Lol! I feel the same way about my blog posts...which is why I didn't get done a homemaker happenings post this week...it got put on the "back burner" as time did not allow. :P Thankfully, Jessica is doing this 365 photo thingy right now...so she can flood our little blog with hundreds of her photo's to hide our lack of posting! ;) HeHe!

    LOVE that picture! Yes, I too have to stop and take a deep breath once in awhile. The craziness of life can be overwhelming at times, and if I don't stop for a minute... might explode! ;) (okay, I'm being rather random today! Lol!)

    Anyway...I've just been busy trying NOT to be busy. ;) I've been trying to step back and take that deep breath and pare down my activities a bit. :) But, I have also been working on advertisements for new tutoring lessons for my crafting. I'm trying to earn money for Haiti, a ladies retreat in the spring, and to give to a family who are adopting 2 children from China (as well as other personal things). :) So, I'm trying to get organized and get that all set up. :) Other than that...nothing much. ;) Lol!

    Your jewelry show thing sounds neat! I hope you can sell a bunch of your work! :D You have such gorgeous things! :D (and I can just picture you with all those beads around you working on your creations!) ;)

    Thanks for the update dear friend! :D Love and Hugs! And have a Blessed Weekend!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  5. HeHe, my poor sister Rose is aways wondering when I will clean my room. I tell her I know where everything is.

    When I start working, the room gets really messy. I have learne to clean up after myself somewhat for my sisters sake. She really is a dear.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~