Monday, December 17, 2012

A Beautiful Beach Wedding

Our trip to Florida was wonderful, and we had such a fabulous time... but of course, the highlight of the trip was my cousin's wedding.

Denise is probably the cousin I spent the most time with. She is only one year younger than I am and we played together at every family gathering and Thanksgiving dinner when we still lived in Florida.

I remember when my cousins lost their house in hurricane Charlie, and Denise came up to Naples to stay with us for ten days while they were without power. It was almost like having a sister for a week-and-a-half. :)

I couldn't have been happier for her on her wedding day. I hadn't seen her for years and years, and my first sight of her was when she came down the aisle on her father's arm, her strawberry-blonde hair glowing copper in the bright sunlight... but her smile was even brighter! :D


Denise and Lewis are a very special couple with a unique story. When we heard it, we were all for their union, but it wasn't until I saw them together, standing underneath the bamboo trellis draped with a delicate chiffon cloth and a flower garland, looking so very much in love, that I knew how truly wonderful this match was.
God was smiling that day.
I felt tears brimming in my eyes when Lewis and Denise bowed their heads and Lewis began to pray, quietly, so that only Denise could hear him. 

The reception afterwards at my Aunt and Uncle's house was a sweet time of fellowship and celebration. Giant tissue-paper pom-poms hung from the branches of the palms outside and from the ceiling inside, and the table on the porch groaned under the trays of delightfully delicious snacks... plus there was a chocolate fountain with fruit-and-marshmallow-kebobs for dipping. Yum!

The beautiful cake was not only tasty, it was also symbolic. Chocolate and Vanilla, half-and-half... but one cake. :D

I hope you enjoyed that little peek at the special day! I have more pictures to share soon, so stay tuned. ;)

9 comments:

  1. I love this post, for a number of reasons! and I LOVE the cake, that is so neat! Best wishes to your happily married cousin!
    (and here's hoping blogger will FINALLY let me post a comment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding! I'm very happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding! I'm very happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for persevering and leaving a comment, Vicki!! :D I love getting them from you! :D

    Thanks, Joanna! It certainly was. :)

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Julia! LOVE the picture of them praying under the canopy. They look like a wonderful so sweet together and your cousin is gorgeous! The cake looks amazing too! ;) Looks like a beautiful wedding and I can't wait to see more pictures! Can you tell their story? I'd love to hear it!

    Love,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sarah!

    Hi Allison! Thanks for commenting! :D Yes, they do make an amazing couple! I will email you about their story. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous wedding! The setting was perfect and idyllic! I do love beach weddings. The vast expanse of the seashore is so romantic and beautiful. But the most romantic of all is the union of two souls that promised to spend their lives together, forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the cake is soooo beautiful!! :)

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~