Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Time to Save & a Time to Chuck It




Well, the big news is out! We're moving! YAAAAY!

My dad got a job working for a guy he's been doing freelance landscape designs for in the past, only now he'll be working full-time. He starts in January and will ease into working a regular 40 hours a week by March.

All of us are very excited, as this is an answer to our prayers!

Daddy's new job is an hour north of here, and we've decided we need to relocate - to be closer to his job, and to find a house that fits our changing needs a little better. We'd like to find something all on one floor, without stairs, so that Mama can easily access the whole house... and a yard with some flat, rich land for gardening, chicken coops, and a greenhouse. :)

And I wouldn't particularly hate it if we found one with a pool! *gigantic wink*

But anyways. This means a lot of work is ahead of us... so much to do! To show our gorgeous log home off to its full potential, we're going to be de-personalizing it and packing up most of our 'stuff'... and tossing the things we don't feel like hauling an hour north. :)

So today I've tackled my bedroom. More specifically, the beading table... it's going to be put away for now and my furniture rearranged so the room looks even bigger than it already is. That table is never organized, ever, so it's a huge job.

And then there's my walk-in closet. O_O (*shocked face*) - but that's a story for another blog post. :)

I'm just so thankful and overjoyed. For so long we've been hearing "Wait. Wait. Wait for now." And at last we've gotten a green-lighted "GO!" I feel like someone's fired the starting gun for a running-race.

So here I go!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! How exciting! Congratulations. :) I've lived in the same house practically my whole life, so I've never experienced the joys of moving. Ooh, organizing does sound daunting. I hope your move goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Abby! :D Haha! We haven't moved for 7 years, so we've managed to accumulate a nice amount of stuff that needs to be sorted.
    ;)
    The joys of moving... well, yes, there are joys... new house, exciting life change, and all... although the process isn't always joyful, and can be stressful, but it's important to keep the right focus. So thank you for that reminder! :D

    Blessings!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Julia!!!! Changes like this, I have found, can be nerve wracking and exciting at the same time.......enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ella! It certainly is a curious mixture of stress and elation. :D Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~