Monday, February 25, 2013

Little Lessons Everywhere


Today's post will be short, I have a lot to do today.

*is called away from the computer, never comes back to this internet tab, then finally finds it again at 6:00PM and laughs at the irony* Short indeed... and never posted. Oh well! Better late than never. :D

I notice sometimes that little things strike me in a powerful way if I'm on the lookout for them. Kind of like searching for wildflowers while you're driving down the highway. You'd never notice them unless you happened to look out the window at just the right moment to see that little flash of color along the roadside.

The other day I was bemoaning on Facebook that we couldn't watch two things at once on Netflix (after one of my brothers happened to be watching Star Trek and I was in the mood for White Collar) and then a friend said that they watched different things at once all the time.

Lo and behold, I tried it, and it worked.

Ding-dong! A life lesson is at the door! :)

Next time, I need to actually try something out to see if it works before complaining about it. :D The reason I thought we couldn't view two things at once (which spoils us rotten anyway... not being of great import) was because I had been told so by mom when she was scanning the terms of use on Netflix. (Now I think perhaps it actually said you couldn't watch the same movie/show at once on two computers.)

Anyways...

I am challenging myself this week to see if I can get a specific list of goals done each day. So far I'm on track. Would you like to see the list? (I know you would, you good-and-nosy little blog reader, you...)

This week, I shall attempt to:

*Eat Completely Clean
*Walk 8 times up and down the 1/4-mile driveway
*Read my Bible and fill out a Lifejournal entry
*Drink a huge glass of water in the morning and more throughout the day
*Go to sleep before 10:30PM
*Get up at precisely 8:00AM
*Write and schedule one short blog post

...Every day. Let's see how I do! :)

P.s. I will be back soon with the Bagel Recipe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~