Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Word-filled Wednesday



I saw this on Laney's blog, Got Freckles, and I loved the idea! Thanks Laney!

My word for this Wednesday is Proverbs Chapter 3 verses 5-7.

: 5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes, fear the Lord and turn from evil.

The word 'fear' in 'fear the Lord', according to Strong's Greek and Hebrew concordance, means reverence, and respect.

HE SHALL DIRECT THY PATHS. Do I always let him direct my paths? In ALL my ways? Hmm. Perhaps not? :) I could use some more diligence in this area. And in not being 'wise in mine own eyes'!

If you're curious what version of scripture I use, I always use a King James Version.

Julia

1 comment:

  1. That is a great verse! Sometimes we try to direct our own path, instead of letting God direct it for us. Have a great day!

    Love and Prayers,
    Laney

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~