Thursday, October 16, 2008

Peace




Sometimes, life is hectic.

There are stresses and problems and aggravations and annoyances and lots of things that are purposely thrown in your path to drag you down. We have an enemy out there who is more than happy when our day goes down the drain.

Ephesians 6:12, KJV "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

But in the midst of all this turmoil and confusion, we can remain at peace.

John 14:27 KJV "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Those are the words of Jesus spoken to the disciples.

God loves us SO much. There are not words in any tongue to describe how much he loves us. His thoughts of each of us are more in number than all the grains of sand.

It doesn't matter what happens right now, on this earth. We have a heavenly Father who has the whole world in his hands... so why are we striving?

Peace is a precious thing, and sometimes it seems hard to find. But if you stop and ask the Lord to give you peace, suddenly ...there it is. It really works, I've tried it myself. :)

I'm really not sure why I did this post... it was just lying on my heart and I thought I would share it with you. I'd like to know what you thought of my little rambling here, if you'd like to leave a comment.

Blessings!
Julia

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I do like your ramblings. Your ramblings are good things to think about. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~