My dad read this Psalm to us after dinner this evening, and I just thought I would share my thoughts about it. My thoughts will be in green.
- I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
- Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
Some days I forget to bless the Lord. How can I do this? Look at the next verse...
- Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.
The Lord is so great it's not even comprehensible. Our small human minds can't even understand him completely.
- One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.
We should all be going around saying "Look at these works the Lord has done! Can you believe it? This is wondrous!! He is strong and mighty!"
- I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.
Yes, I will! The Lord is glorious!
- And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness.
Lord - You Are Great!
- They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.
Singing of the Lord, for me, is easier than "abundantly uttering". Somehow, when the words are put to song, I don't feel strange going around the house, washing dishes, doing laundry.... and declaring the greatness of God. I sing while I work.
- The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. Hear that? Full of compassion! Slow to anger. Great Mercy. This is something I strive for. I am not good at being slow to anger. Lord help me.
- The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
ALL... That means everyone. Not just the beautiful people, or that nice girl or boy your age, but all the people everywhere. The clerk in the department store. The rude lady who nearly ran into you at the red light. Everyone includes... everyone.
- All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
The Lord's works DO praise him... you can't look at a sunset or at a freshly bloomed rose without knowing that this was all created for a purpose, not by some random chance.
- They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;
His Kingdom is glorious! His Power is infinite!
- To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.
We've gotta spread the word, people. Look at what the Apostle Paul did.... and he didn't even have a phone or computer.
- Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.
Everlasting. Neverending. Lasting Forever! Throughout all generations. Your children's children, someday, will belong to his Kingdom.
- The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
He is tender towards the downtrodden. The fallen ones have hope through him! They have a chance to repent and be raised up into the light!
- The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.
We will not go hungry.
- Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
Every living thing. The animals and the plants are all kept alive by God. That's a big job, if you think about it!
- The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
He's perfect. Otherwise it would be impossible to be righteous in ALL his ways.
- The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
Think about that! Whenever someone opens their mouth and speaks to the Lord, he is right there, listening to them.
- He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
He will hear their cry! When you repent and cry out to God and ask to be saved, he saves!
- The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
We will be preserved in those last days of turmoil and destruction. HIs children will be safe. Now for the wicked... that's a different story.
- My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.
Amen! Yes I will!
I've realized that this blog is an active outlet for me to reach out. I will, therefore, be posting more scripture in the future. :)
Hope you enjoyed the word.