Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

Do you ever get 'lost' in all the things you have to do?

You should have seen my to-do-list today, it fills up an entire notebook page, and I had to categorize it to keep everything straight! My categories were "Housework", "Chores" (Which is different from 'housework') "Email", "Blog", (of course!) "Diet" and "Schoolwork". Sigh! I have so much to do.

But yet, I can keep a smile on my face, because the things under "Housework", are things that are helping my family and I am furthering my family's welfare by accomplishing them.

Oh yes, and "Chores" is good because without them the house would be a mess and there would be chaos and confusion everywhere.

"Schoolwork", when finished, can also bring a smile to my face because I know I have learned some new, important things and thereby am a smarter person. (LOL)

"Email" is wonderful, because it means I have some very dear friends to correspond with! It's a blessing that I have to write them all down so I can keep track of them all! Why am I complaining about that???

"Diet" is a great thing, because my body is profiting by it and I am feeling healthier and more fit because of the things underneath that section of my to-do list! Yay!

And then we come to my favorite section... "Blog"!! :D I love my blog(s)! They are a excellent means by which to meet other like-minded young ladies and also this blog, my "Journal", is my own little soapbox where I can share what I think to the world. My cooking blog is a sweet little place to have some fun sharing yummy recipes and handy tips. So what if I have to write a list of the things I plan to do so I can keep it all straight?

I should be rejoicing that I have all of these things to do, instead of feeling bogged down or weighed upon by all the different tasks I have yet to finish today! So, now that I have preached myself a little sermon, I am going to get up from this computer chair and go check off every item on my to-do list as I do it with a happy heart, realizing that I am a blessed girl to have those things to check off. :)

I found that amusing little 'post-it-note' on Miss Jocelyn's blog and she graciously said I could use it. :)



I am currently: Busy, and Working, But yet... I am Happy!! :)

10 comments:

  1. I love that note-pic!
    That was hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! By the way, I did a post on eternal security, and I would like you to comment and tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it Julia!!! I know what you mean by lists...I make lists, and they are all over the place. Ask my family:) However, I really do think that they help me stay on track, and when I see everything crossed off (hopefully lol!) it feels WONDERFUL~

    Just my thoughts...
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, you've got a lot to do! =P I feel like I'm bogged down in everything sometimes... but you made some good points! Everything has a good purpose. =) Sure doesn't feel like it sometimes, but it is true!
    Thanks for sharing those thoughts!
    Oh, and by the way, I loved the note at the top. =P That one made me laugh.

    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award Julia! We were excited to get it!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her post-it note! Cracks me up!
    It was fun to read all your 'to-do's'. Thanks for sharing. I sometimes feel bogged down too, and I probably need to keep a list next to me so that I also feel as though I have accomplished more!

    I just read an article about making a to-do list and putting the top 5 on a list and at least try to achieve those things, checking them off as you do. It gives a good sense of accomplishment. :)

    I like that you made each of these on your list a positive and pleasant task. All these things are necessary, and thank you for finding the best in each of them!
    blessings,
    Mrs. Dixon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it can be difficult to do things with a joyful attitude (especially when we are overwhelmed). But aren't you glad that we do have things to do? We are being productive (though at times the production seems slow going), not sitting around being couch potatoes (and we wouldn't be on a diet if we were like that!). :D So, we can be thankful for the things that need to be done and do them with joy! :D

    Joyfully, ;)
    Miss Emily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia,
    Sorry that I haven't emailed you back yet. Your email went longer than my screen is wide, so it's kinda funny imagining what it really says (though it is sort of easy to figure it out). ☺
    Btw, my dad bought "What He Must Be if He Wants to Marry My Daughter" at the conference last weekend. None of us have started reading it yet, though.
    Have a great weekend,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia I hope you don't mind that I used your "I'm Lost" note on my blog. I realize now I should have asked, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lydia,

    No problem! :D

    Everyone else,
    Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them!! :)

    Blessigs!
    ~Miss Julia

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~