Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fun In The Sun

Today we went to a home-church group that we've been attending for a good while now, and I am so enjoying it!
After the service and a picnic lunch, my two brothers and I went and played "Mush Ball" (Softball except with very large ball) and then a rousing, energetic game of Ultimate Frisbee. We had such a great time! I really enjoyed being on the same team as my brothers. Unfortunately I left my camera at home so I don't have any pictures. If I did, you could see my blossoming sunburn. On the way home Steven - my youngest brother - asked me "Julia, why do you get so pink?" (lol - I wish I knew!) The boys don't burn as much as I do. :)

I also have a funny quote from the day... my dad caught a gigantic, enormous large-mouth bass (I wish I had a picture!!!!) at the lake near the host family's house, and it got held in the air for a while when it was shown to a large group of people down at the dock. Well, when it was gently swished in the water a bit and then let go, it suddenly flicked its tail and swam away.
An amazed youngster, who hadn't ever seen a fish released before, piped up and said "So what do they do, like ... die and come back to life???" (hee-hee!) I thought that was cute. :)

♥Love♥ and lots of ♥Hugs!♥

Right now I feel Amused by the Fish Quote, and slightly Tired from the events of the day! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! That sounds like *so* much fun!! =) I love playing outdoors.
    Hehehe!! That *is* cute! =) Sounds like something I would have said when I was little. lol

    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sunburn reel easy too.
    *hehe* that quote was pretty funny =D
    sounds like you had a fun day!

    ~Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julia! =) I just wanted to let you know I awarded you!

    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also get burned when in the sun...only I haven't really had an opportunity to get so yet!

    My dad loves to fish. And he poudly shows his large mouth bass picture to a lot of people. It is also the background on the computer =)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~