Friday, July 17, 2009

Update from Bird-In-Hand, PA!

Hello there!

I am sitting in a lovely hotel breakfast room in Bird-In-Hand, Pennsylvania! We have been enjoying the countryside and farms, and we've caught sight of several buggies driven by Amishmen and pulled by horses! :) It's been very exciting for me especially because I've read so many novels based on the Amish and now I'm getting to see it in real life! :)

Since I last posted, we've been hiking up a mountain and climbed a 9-story firetower to see the incredible view, we went to the Blue Mountain Lake Museum and got an amazing glimpse into the Adirondacks, we toured the Barton Garnet Mine and got to 'mine' some real garnets, (that was SO COOL!) we swam in an actual Adirondack lake and took a boat ride around it.

Of course I've been taking a LOT of pictures but I'm currently using the Wi-Fi in the hotel and you will have to wait a little bit for pictures. Thank you for your patience!

We miss you all, and though we are having a blast on our vacation, I am also looking forward to being home again and seeing all our dear friends! :)

Hugs and Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julia! Glad you are having such a delightful time there! I just love the Amish buggies! I wish I could try one out sometime, I think that would be fun! =;)

    Love and Hugs!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~