Friday, August 5, 2011

Seven (days) Of Skirts, Day 6

I can't belive the SOS project is nearly done... only one outfit (after today) to go! :D It's certainly been a challenge to get pictures of my skirts every day and post them but it's also been lots of fun. Plus I'm getting lots of practice using my photo editing software. (I had to do something, as I'm not using my 'good' camera for these pictures as it's still being repaired.) But I'm learning to be ok even if things aren't completely perfect. :D

Today I rested a good deal as I wasn't feeling well last night and didn't get to sleep until after 2 a.m. Mark and Steven had fun hanging out with some friends of theirs who were able to drive themselves over now that one of them has his new drivers license. There was lots of lego creativity going on! ;)

I finished the book I mentioned yesterday and also the second one, which to my surprise was wildly different than the first and full of carriage chases and gunshots and action - somewhat unlike a Jane Austen story, if you ask me! :P But maybe the third in the series will be a little better and finish out the trilogy nicely... Mom put it on hold through the library system and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it!


Before I continue I want to thank each and every one of you who has left me comments on this post series! It blesses me so much to hear from you and puts such a joyful smile on my face when I read your encouraging words. :) Thank you from the bottom of my heart! :D


Day 3:

Skirt: JKLA California - I found it at Ross! :D
T-shirt: Thrifted (Brand on the tag says "Fu-Du"-?)
Shoes: It's O.K. - Where did I get these again??? - I'm thinking Payless. (?)
Hair: Simple Ponytail Braid
Jewelry: Jewels by Julia
A-yup. I'm thinking these are my favorite shoes to wear with a skirt. Chic little modest brown heels. And this is definitely one of my favorite skirts. And yes - I'm wearing stripes with a swirled floral pattern and I think it looks cute, so there -  :P :D

I adore the little 'hoodie'-style pocket on the front of this t-shirt!

 This is also one of my favorite jewelry sets... the brown goes with, if not everything, a whole lot. :D
 There are faint stripes of aqua and peach in between the chocolate brown on this white shirt. (Which, by the way, is all one piece... the little 'inset' in the V is attached.) I do not care for the shirts you have to wear a cami under to stay modest, although this shirt looks a little similar to that style.

My sweet Daddy took these pictures for me. I love him so much!
 (I'm sitting on one of the walls in our carport that are made with stonework. Our fireplace has stonework exactly like it... I love the look!) :D
Mama braided my hair for me. It's so long I have trouble braiding it myself (Plus I can't french braid - somebody post a tutorial for me!). :D

What about you - have you ever done something 'out of the box' fashion-wise (like wearing stripes with a floral embroidered fabric) ?

10 comments:

  1. Too cute Julia! I love the skirt and your shoes! Lovely outfit my friend~

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia!

    I've loved looking at your beautiful outfits for the week! Love your swimsuit too! There's a sweet blog called Rapunzel's Resource: rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com and she has some lovely, feminine hair styles for long hair. Makes me wish I had longer hair! : )

    Blessings!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, Allison, I love you! Thank you so much for sharing that hair site, I just looked at it and felt like shrieking in delight (and only refrained because I knew it would wake up my brother upstairs above my room who is already in bed). :D I can't wait to try some of those styles!! :D

    I'm glad you liked the outfits! And I don't know what I'd do without that swimsuit... :D

    Blessings,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love the skirt! Don't know how to french braid? Well, I'd be happy to do it for you... I love to "play" with hair! Especially long hair like yours. :) I'm just lousy at posting up tutorials, plus I don't put pictures of myself on my blog... otherwise I'd post one up. :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, your shoes are cute!

    I am reading your e-books, and will post a review about them soon. You have great pictures (An absolute must in a how to book), great explanation, and great taste :)!

    Katherine Cole

    ReplyDelete
  6. The outfit is adorable~ I love everything! :)

    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay, Thank you! :D I love that skirt. <3

    Stephanie,
    :D Well, I can always ask my mom to french braid my hair for me (she knows how) but it'd be nice to be able to do it myself. :D

    Katherine,
    Thanks! And thank you so much for the compliments on the book, I can't wait to read your review! :D

    And thank you, Allison! :D

    Love & Hugs,
    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia!
    This is my favorite outfit of all! The shoes are so cute and I love the skirt! ('Course, I love most anything with flowers on it! ;-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~