Thursday, September 10, 2009

Post-a-Day #10

Lately, our family has been gathering together in the living room after dinner, and Daddy gives us a short 'teaching' from the Bible. My brothers and I are very much enjoying it. Learning at my Daddy's feet is so special for me.
Yesterday Daddy just spoke about one verse. The teaching was short and sweet and very appropriate for the season we've been going through in our family.
Here's the verse:
Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Dad focused on the middle of the verse, specifically "The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness".

Then, Daddy asked us what we could do to stop being depressed and agreeing with the spirit of heaviness.

I told him that when I'm depressed, I pray, and usually if I'm home I go in my room and put on a worship CD and play some upbeat praise music and sing along with it.

His face lit up and then he said "Yes." We waited for him to continue - and he did. "Praise is the key here." My dad said.

Basically, when we praise God, the spirit of heaviness has to leave. We have a choice - to praise, or to complain and feel depressed. Sometimes we think that we have to be happy before we can praise God. But that is NOT true - Praising God is a choice we make.

That's all I wanted to share with you today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~