Friday, September 4, 2009

Post-a-Day #4 - 4 Years Here!

I missed celebrating it on the exact day last week... but August 26th marks the date we moved to Georgia! We have now been living here for FOUR years! We moved when I was 14 years old and now I'm an ancient 18 and 1/2! :) Can you believe it? It seems like forever to me.

I love living in Georgia! The climate is beautiful, the people are friendly (for the most part - :D), and life is good. :) My family and I so enjoy living in the peach state. I am so thankful to God for his hand upon us, moving us here. It's a long story, but without God's help we would never have been so blessed. We sold our house in Florida right before the bottom dropped out of the real estate market, at the perfect moment, all in God's timing.

The Lord removed so many roadblocks to get us here, it's amazing. Hurricane Katrina (you know, the one that ruined New Orleans) nearly smashed into Florida the day we were packing up our belongings into the moving truck! We kept praying and to our amazement the storm dipped around Florida, only grazing the keys with a few rain bands. I almost felt like God had nudged the hurricane out of our way! :)

All in all, I have an overwhelming sense of joy and contentment, looking back over these 4 years, seeing what my heavenly Father has done for me and my family.

It's good to look back and see what the Lord has done. Thank you God!

7 comments:

  1. In January we we have been here for 3 years. It is crazy how fast years have been going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first, if you're an ancient 18-1/2...what's that make me! Lol!

    Wow! You were trying to move during Hurricane Katrina?!?!? :) Are you nuts! Lol! Just kidding... I am so glad you were safe and God moved the storm away from you! :) God sure is Awesome!

    I am so happy for you! And thank you for sharing that story..sometime we ought to share our moving/house story on our blog. :)

    Blessings my Georgia Peach! ;)
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a blessing we have been living in this house since I was eight. Over ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julia,

    My 2nd cousins live in Georgia and we've visited there a couple of times and we loved it there too. (Or at least I did.)

    Congrats on the 4 years of living there!!

    Your bloggin friend,

    Lissie

    Ps. February 20th marks 3 years of living in Idaho for us!..Or is it two. OH NO! I've already forgotten!! ...great. I need to double check on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 4 years IS a long time! It is so amazing how perfect God's timing is, isn't it? I live in Georgia, too, so I know what you mean about all the good things (and not so good things! :P) about living in Georgia!

    Blessings!
    Laney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia!

    I've enjoyed reading all of your posts so far- they have been really fun to read! :)

    I'm just dropping by to let you know I am praying for you this week. Hope all is well!

    Blessings,
    ~*~Courtney~*~ (It's nice to be able to leave my name now, LOL!:) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is good! :D Thanks for sharing!
    ~M~

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~