Saturday, September 12, 2009

Post-a-Day #12




Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~ Robert Frost

I love this poem.

What are some ways you have taken "the road less traveled by?"

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem! I had to memorize it when I was younger.

    Great post! Short, but so thought-provoking. Hmm...ways I've taken "the road less traveled by"...I guess this is pretty generic, but just being myself. I'm beginning to take a completely new path in my goals and ways of thinking. I feel that I am my own, unique person, creating my own "path" as I go.

    *Love* your blog!

    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, Kendra! I accidentally deleted it but had an email message of it... so I 're-commented' it for you. :D

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful day. :)

Please remember to keep your thoughts and remarks kind and pleasing in the sight of our Lord.

I would encourage you to sign your name to your comments... otherwise it might not be published.

If you have a question you would like to ask me, feel free to leave me your email address - it will not be published - and I will try to answer or help as best as I can. :)

Sometimes it takes me a little while to get back to you... but I do try and reply when I get a comment. :D

Love & Blessings!
~ Julia ~